Our Collection of Information
Information collected directly from you. Generally, you can visit Sigma's websites without entering any personal information. On certain pages, we may ask you for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. The personal information we collect may include:
- contact details, such as your name, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, and physical address;
- information about your company, and job function;
- your e-mail marketing preferences;
- financial information (including credit card or account information);
- information such as your nationality and country of residence that allows us to determine your eligibility under export control regulations to receive information about certain technologies;
- information used to customize and facilitate your use of our websites, including login and technical information;
- inquiries about and orders for our products and services;
- information that assists us in identifying the products and services that best meet your requirements;
- event registration information;
- feedback from you about our websites and our products and services generally.
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
Information collected automatically
We collect information about your visit to our sites, including what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, and other actions taken within Sigma's sites. On sites that you enter with a user ID, we may connect this information with your identity to determine your potential interests in our products and services. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language, your operating system, the date and time you access the site, and the website from which you linked to our site. We do not link this information to your identity.